Friday, June 5, 2020

Look to the Child

"The child is both a hope and a promise for mankind." -Dr. Maria Montessori
In a week where there is a lot of heaviness, I am thinking about what Maria Montessori would do if she was still alive. My gut tells me she would remind us to look to the child. Not necessarily back or forward, but to the present child sitting before you. Children center us and they pull us into the right here and right now. Their needs are timely and often stop us in our tracks, or even mid-sentence. Children are innocent and unbiased. Loving and open by nature. My own children have helped me to focus on what matters this week. My students, too. To be hopeful and grateful. To be soft and forgiving. To be optimistic that our children are our future.

"Peace is what every human being is craving for. And it can be brought about by humanity through the child." -Dr. Maria Montessori

No comments:

Post a Comment

Summer Montessori

"The greatest gifts we can give our children are the roots of responsibility and the wings of independence." -Dr. Maria Montessor...